I think there are monkey's living in this house!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Parade

Every year, a town in our area has a parade on Memorial Day weekend. I saw the signs about it and thought it might be fun to take the boys. I later found out that three people in our family had never been to a parade.
Aaron and I sat and talked about flags while we waited for the parade to start. We were sitting at the very end of the route, so we could hear it long before we could see it......
Daddy chased Jonas : )
This I do not understand! When I was a kid the parade would go right by our house. So we would watch it and have to fight with like 10 other kids for the candy.... there wasn't anyone near us, so Aaron didn't even have to work for his candy.
Lucky!

3 comments:

  1. There's just something WRONG about a child getting things without having to work for it.
    Harumph!
    I'm happy for Aaron. Maybe he'll put on a few pounds in the process.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, You even were in a parade once, do you remember?

    A parade would go by our house at least twice a year, Memorial Day and Homecoming. Sometimes there would be a 3rd one for another holiday. Sitting in the front yard under the big old oak tree watch you girls watching the parade and running out for candy. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. next year come watch it with us...we sit at my great aunts house (close to the start of the parade). We always get too much candy!

    ReplyDelete