I think there are monkey's living in this house!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday funnies

Now that Aaron is 3, he sits with us for part of the evening service at church. This has led to some.... interesting incidents. A few weeks ago, a couple played a guitar and a mandolin during the offertory. All was well, until the mandolin player began to do some trills. Every time he would do a trill... Aaron would giggle. In the middle part of the song, he started to do a lot of trills... which resulted in lots of giggling... which started to make David and I giggle. It's really hard to shush your 3 year old while you're giggling. He couldn't stop giggling. We couldn't start giggling. We started getting funny looks. Finally I decided to take him out of the service until the song was over. I had tears in my eyes as I left the service.

Tonight wasn't quite as memorable, but it was still funny. When the songleader of our church started the service, Aaron said (loud enough for a lot of people to hear):
"it's time to sing now!"
When the pastor was doing the announcements he said:
"It's Mr. Blakey!"
We had just had the pastor and his wife over for dinner two weeks ago, so I guess it made an impression on him.
In the beginning of the service, he and one of his little friends caught sight of each other and started to smile at each other... and giggle, of course!
Needless to say, we're still working on sitting quietly in church.
This picture is from awhile ago, but I thought it was pretty cute. He's helping!
The next 2 pictures are also from awhile ago (it's before Jonas' haircut), but they remind me that if nothing else... our house is usually full of laughter : )

No comments:

Post a Comment